3/6/2012 Addition. Roman Yampolskiy’s article is getting *a lot* of media play including MSNBC and leaves a huge amount of room for rebuttal. Who would like to take on co-authoring a response? Karen? Greg? Morgan?
- Uziel Awret – Introduction
- Susan Blackmore – She Won’t Be Me
- Damien Broderick – Terrible Angels: The Singularity and Science Fiction
- Barry Dainton – On Singularities and Simulations
- Daniel Dennett – The Mystery of David Chalmers
- Ben Goertzel – Should Humanity Build a Global AI Nanny to Delay the Singularity Until It’s Better Understood? (Note: I’ve requested a PDF from Ben)
- Susan Greenfield – The Singularity: Commentary on David Chalmers
- Robin Hanson – Meet the New Conflict, Same as the Old Conflict
- Francis Heylighen – Brain in a Vat Cannot Break Out
- Marcus Hutter – Can Intelligence Explode?
- Drew McDermott – Response to ‘The Singularity’ by David Chalmers (McDermott-corrected version, preferred to the JCS version & should be supplemented with this which he says he didn’t have space for in the JCS)
- Jurgen Schmidhuber – Philosophers & Futurists, Catch Up!
- Frank Tipler – Inevitable Existence and Inevitable Goodness of the Singularity
- Roman Yampolskiy – Leakproofing the Singularity: Artificial Intelligence Confinement Problem
Future volumes will contain additional articles from Shulman & Bostrom, Igor Aleksander, Richard Brown, Ray Kurzweil, Pamela McCorduck, Chris Nunn, Arkady Plotnitsky, Jesse Prinz, Susan Schneider, Murray Shanahan, Burt Voorhees, and a response from Chalmers.
This is a tremendous opportunity. We should *easily* be able to produce articles of *at least* this quality and have them published here. Their submissions guide is trivially simple and available here.
I am going to write a response to Ben’s article and submit it as quickly as I can. Each of you should read all of these articles and think about what *you* can submit. Creating a solid presence here would be a great way to establish the group’s credentials.