So, it’s a dozen days into the New Year . . . . time to do my first status check . . . .
Hmmm. I forgot that I was thinking of posting here twice weekly . . . .
I’d already put up two articles on Transhumanity.net:
- The “Wicked Problem” of Existential Risk with AI (Artificial Intelligence)
- Backward Induction: Rationality or Inappropriate Reductionism? – Part 1
Since then, I’ve posted three more (two planned):
- Coherent Extrapolated Volition: The Next Generation
- Got Risk? Debating Eliezer Yudkowsky About “AIs that prove changes correct”
- Backward Induction: Rationality or Inappropriate Reductionism? – Part 2
Still from the previous list
- Reclaiming the Ultimate
To which I’m now adding
- Artificial Wisdom
- Avoiding de Garis’ Artilect War
- Backward Induction: Rationality of Inappropriate Reductionism? – Part 3
- Why I’m *NOT* a Transhumanist (but still post here)
I have just submitted 10,000 words/30 pages
- Ought, Should & Shall Machines Be People (extended version of this and this from AISB/IACAP World Congress), Special Issue of Philosophy & Technology
Now, I’m moving on to
- Safely Crowd-Sourcing Seed AI (extended version of this and this from BICA 2012), International Journal of Machine Consciousness
And, finally, in addition to hopefully attending and presenting at:
- International Association For Computing & Philosophy 2013: Minds, Machines, and Morals – July 15-17, College Park, MD
- Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures 2013 – September 19-22, Kiev, Ukraine
It looks like I will be doing a panel on Ethics in the Age of Intelligent Machines at the World Future Society Conference – July 19-21, Chicago, IL with James Giordano and a player to be named shortly.